Saturday, October 11, 2008

Newport RI

Today we took a drive to Newport RI. I had my nose in a book right up until we drove into the town so I can't say I saw much of RI, but the part I did see was beautiful. This was the first time any of us had been to RI. We took a 10 mile driving tour of the Newport Mansions, Ocean Drive, and Fort Adams. It was really awesome. We walked around a few Wharfs and had a great time. Brady was such a good boy.

Here is Jim and Brady on Ocean Drive. We were thinking about buying that house in the background, but decided to keep looking.

It took about 13 tries to get this picture and it isn't even that great, but we tried.


Here we are at Fort Adams. We loved looking at all of the sailboats and there were even 2 cruise ships anchored there. Side note, never go there to use the bathroom, I am pretty sure my feet were going to melt off from the filth in there.

I had no idea there was anything Naval Academy related there, but we happened to drive by this sign and had to take a picture in front of it for Uncle Tommy. I sent this picture to my mom on her phone and she thought I was holding a loaf of bread, so just to clear up any confusion, that is Brady that I am holding. F*&% Army, Go NAVY!! We love you Uncle Tommy!!

No comments: