Friday, January 29, 2010

Beading

My friend Tammy had pictures of her kid making beading necklaces.  It was so freaking cute.  But I never in a million years thought Brady would a:) like it or b:) be able to do it.  I ran out to Walmart to get the supplies.  Well boy did he prove me wrong.  We spent over 30 minutes playing with the beads and making the necklace.  And I am currently wearing his masterpiece.  There isn't anyone else here now to take a picture to prove it, but I am sure I will make Jim take a pic when he gets home.

Here he is all set up in his workshop.

 

I taped the end of the yarn to make it easier to get the beads on there.  Look how focused he is.   I head the yarn and he put the beads on.
  

Checking to see how much he had done so far.
  

He did spend a good bit of time just sticking his hands in the container and swishing his fingers around.  Must have felt pretty cool because he doesn't usually like different textures.
  

Of course his little helper had to see what was happening.  Zoe is obsessed with being right in the action.
  

He was saying "bead."
  

I found a new container to hold his crayons and markers so we had to try that out too.  
  

 

And I am VERY happy to report he didn't swallow any beads.  And neither did the dogs.  That equals a good time in my book.

No comments: