Step 1: draw and then outline whatever you want to make. I used his quilt and made 3 of the boats from it, a speed boat, a sailboat, and a tugboat.

Step 2: trace the individual pieces onto heat n bond paper. I freaking love this stuff. Cut them out but not on the lines. Its easier to cut out the fabric pieces once ironed if you can then cut on the shape's lines.
Step 3: Iron shapes onto fabric of your choice. I tried my best to mix it up, but as everyone knows I am super anal and like things to match perfect. I think I did pretty good living life on the edge.
Step 4: Cut out your shapes and assemble.
Step 5: Iron on your pieces. Think it through so you start with anything that will be under or hidden otherwise you are screwed.
I then used my embroidery hoop, yes I own one of those (super lame-o), and went around the edges with embroidery floss and added detail. Not sure why I didn't take a picture of that. I cut out the fabric into my 8 X 10 size for my frames, I used a cotton oxford shirt material.
And again, here is the finished project all hung up. My favorite is obviously the sail with Brady's name on it. I have a serious crush on personalizing things. If you click on the picture you can see it larger and possibly see the details more.





No comments:
Post a Comment