Friday, September 3, 2010

What I am loving about Brady these days

I feel like time is both flying and going at a snail's pace.  Its flying in the fact that my little baby boy is a giant kid now and its going slow in that I am STILL going to be pregnant for 4.5 more weeks.  I am getting on average 4 comments a day about how "its any day now" or "must be twins".  I just try to chuckle because what else am I going to do, punch them??  I even got a "please tell me you were due 2 days ago!!" and then she was shocked to hear that I had 35 more days.  I am working on getting Brady's room completed (as in the decor and stuff) and we are starting to paint the baby's room this weekend.  I can't believe how little we have done for her arrival, but I guess that's what happens when its the second kid.  I know I still have plenty of time to get stuff done so I keep ignoring to the more important things and do other stuff.  I should hopefully be done Brady's room by the end of the weekend so look for pics then.  Her room won't be done for at least 2 or 3 more weeks, just in time I guess. 

OK, so about Brady......
Whenever he is excited and anticipating something, like a snack or craft or movie starting, he will say "Mommy makes awesome" or if he is completing a task he will say "Brady makes awesome".  Daddy was "making awesome" when putting the train set together in his room.  It feels so good to be told you are making awesome.

He is doing so great in his bed still.  No issues at bedtime or naptime.  I am so grateful that he took to this transition because I don't think I could have handled it emotionally or physically to see him be upset or put up a fight.  He doesn't even get down until you go in and tell him its ok to get down.  Part of me wishes he would get down and play but I guess if he doesn't mind laying around in his bed, its all good.  The last 2 days I have gone in there and explained to him that once he wakes up he can get down and play and he still just stays in there.  Oh well.  His bed does seriously look like a toy box most times, full of toys, books, a cup, blankets, hotwheels, and anything else he cares to bring to bed.  I feel bad but apparently he is a nighttime hoarder.  We even moved his train table in his room and he still doesn't sneak out to play.

He associates a lot of things with people and past experiences.  For example, after my mom drinks a cold sip of water she says "ahhh", so now he will do that and say "that's what Mimi says."  He also pointed out that I do this often too, I didn't even know it.  If I see a punch buggy car and say "punch buggy blue" to him he will say "that's what Mema says."   Anytime he someone playing soccer he tells us Jacob likes soccer because he went to a game of Jacob's once.

He has become quite the negotiator.  I have a 3 show rule in the mornings, so after 3 20 minute shows we are done and move onto something else, usually a craft or letter activity.  After we are done said activity he will start to barter and trade with me.  "Mommy, 1 show and then naptime" "Mommy 1 more show, I pick Diego" "Mommy when we get home 1 show then tubby"."  This would be wonderful if it was 10:30AM or 6PM when we aren't ready for a nap or bedtime.  It started just with shows and now its "Mommy, 2 yogurt cookies" said in the cutest little way or "Mommy 3 preztel rods."  Which, again, would be wonderful if it weren't 7:55AM.  I will have to get this on video because I just love it and think he is so funny, but I am supposed to because he is my kid.  I am going to have to get this on video because its hysterical.  I just heard him practicing his negotiation in the car on the way home.  It was what he planned on asking for once we got home.  "One show mommy, then naptime, I pick Diego, one show, one show mommy."  And then he proceeded to fall asleep, so all that practicing for nothing.

We noticed he can now finish most sentences of the books we have been reading him forever.  I find this to be absolutely hysterical and he looks so proud of himself when "reading".  My favorite is Hippos Go Berserk.  Its a counting book and he almost has it memorized and in the middle you are supposed to shout "all the hippos go berserk".  At first we thought it was funny that he would say berserk and now he says the whole sentence really loud and its great!!

He has become my super handy helper.  He has been so helpful around the house picking things up and helping me so I don't have to bend down.  He switches the laundry for me which is a HUGE help since they are so low to the ground and it kills me to bend down so far.  The other day in BJs he carried a pretzel tub since I was temporarily insane and didn't bring a cart to shop thinking I could just carry my stuff(which included a giganto box of diapers and a really heavy box of wipes, idiot I tell you!).  Last week in Bed, Bath, and Beyond he carried his new sheet set.  If only he could get himself into and out of carts I would be all set.  He is also following directions so well these days which keeps me sane.

Jim says he is currently loving that Brady wants to play soccer all the time.  What is isn't loving is the fact that Brady seems to be a lefty.  Not sure why this is a big deal.  I guess its a boy thing?? And they play soccer in the house which probably isn't the best idea but it keeps them out of my hair while I make dinner so I guess for now it works.

We talk a lot about the baby coming but I am pretty sure he has no idea how much his world is going to be rocked.  Two days ago he brought me one of his cars, orange to match my shirt he told me, put it on my belly and said it was for the baby to play with.  I hope he gets quickly that she won't be playing cars anytime soon and its best not to try to make her.

He has started crying in the morning when Jim leaves for work.  This wasn't an issue before since Brady stayed in his crib until I woke up.  But now that he is in his big bed we get to him quicker meaning he is up and out before Jim leaves for work.  While its not something I love, its still sweet to see.  Yesterday he said "Brady go to work too."  No wonder why Jim snuck out of the house super early today without seeing either of us.

He told me yesterday when he wakes up from his nap he would like to go shopping.  Man, I love this kid!!

What I am NOT loving:
*The fact that he now somehow knows how to restart his shows on the DVR when they end.
*He knows how to insert and play a DVD.  Which isn't good since he doesn't take the DVD that's already in there out, so he presses play while there are 2 DVDs spinning.  Not good.
*The constant request for cookies, snacks, and shows.  This starts first thing in the morning.  No dude, you are not having yogurt cookies (yummiest cookies ever from Trader Joe's) at 7:47AM.


And a few pictures from last night.  When you ask Brady what his favorite baseball team is, he says White Sox.  And yes, its 7PM and he is still in his jammies and wear a baseball hat indoors. 



Not sure if you can see his battle wound on his neck.  Today it looks worse I think.  He nearly decapitated himself on his shopping cart.  He pushed down on the handle too hard I guess and it flipped back and cut his throat.  And of course I saw it happen in slow motion.  Poor guy!!  But he is a toughie and cried for a minute and went right back to shopping.  Damn metal PBK cart, its super cute but dangerous.

No comments: