Friday, March 12, 2010

Our Tour of the Fire Station

Today we went on a tour of a fire station a few towns over.   I may or may not have gotten pulled over on the way there and lucked out by not getting a ticket.  It must have been my lucky day.  In case you are wondering, I was going too fast, but in my defense its nearly impossible to do 30 downhill.  Anyway back to the real reason for the post.  A friend of ours signed a group of us up for a tour.  There were supposed to be a bunch of kids there but only 3 others showed up, which meant even more fun for us!!  The boys were allowed to climb in and on every vehicle, push every button, and stand and drive them all.  Brady honked the horn multiple times, scaring himself each time and saying "what was that" every time.  Brady was super outgoing too, which is unlike him that late in the day without a nap and with a total stranger.  By the end of the time Brady had developed a major man-crush on the firefighter in charge of our tour, even calling him my name "Cott" or actually Scott.  Not only did they get to climb in all the vehicles, they got to squirt water out of a forest fire backpack and then jump in the puddles they made.  If Jim were with us he would have had to leave because Brady was covered in sand and water when he was done.  I had to take his pants, shoes, and socks off when we were done.  He wore the real helmet and a real fire hose.  The reason I am telling you all the fun things is because I wasn't able to get pictures of most of the stuff because I was too busy keeping him from breaking things or jumping out of trucks.  Here are the few pictures I did manage to get.

This fire truck was his favorite.  It had the lights on and Brady learned how to turn them on and off.  There was also a super bright flashlight in the console that he played with most of the time.


This was the firetruck they use to fight forest fires.  There was a gear shifter that the boys had way too much fun playing with and made me very nervous.



Driving the ambulance and beeping the horn like crazy.  Max was talking on the walkie talkie thing like a phone, it was so funny.



No comments: