A few months ago I was driving on the other side of town and saw a group of men replacing the windows on a house. There were a few windows sitting at the curb but no sign so I kept on driving. When I passed the house on my way home I got brave and asked them what they were doing with the windows. They said they were trashing them and I was more than welcome to take as many as I would like. Jackpot. I am still kicking myself for only taking 2 since there were like 20 and all different shapes and sizes. Once home they got moved around a few times in the garage and then put away up in the rafters (which means you will never see them again). I got this idea to make them into picture frames and am thrilled with the way they turned out. We are slowly turning our house into a home, just shy of 3 and a half years later. I had to pay to print the pictures out and I had to buy heavy duty wall hanging systems so the total cost was about $15. I would say they were totally worth that price! These are in the hallway going into the basement so it was next to impossible to take these pictures, that's why they look so awkward. Also, there are 3 empty spots so when baby sister comes along there will be a few spaces for her to go into without having to pick a picture to get rid of. I mounted the pictures behind the glass and love the way it turned out. And I am so pissed, since starting this post I was in the garage and noticed on the top shelf there was another window up there. Bummer. I guess Jim's eyes weren't working when I told him to go get all the windows done. Looks like I now have to find another spot in the house for that one.




1 comment:
Wow! I LOVE these and they look so great. What a wonderful idea.
Post a Comment