Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

We started off our Halloween weekend by watching one of Jim's Charlie Brown movies.  He has the box set and loves to watch them at each holiday.  Brady was actually interested in it this year which was nice for Jim.



Saturday morning we decided to carve our pumpkins.  I must have forgotten that Brady is like me and doesn't like anything with a funny texture.  He was grossed out as soon as Jim cut the top off of one pumpkin and pulled it out with all the guts attached.  He is happy here because the pumpkins are all intact.

 

Look how far back he is.  He was scared to even touch the black trash bag.  Cheese face came out though.



Eventually he worked up the courage to dip his spoon in there.  But I am sure it's not possible that he could stand any farther away from the pumpkin.

 

Showing Daddy he is pulling his weight around here, he scooped out 1 seed.

 

So Jim went first on the carving.  He decided Dad would be the easiest to do.  After he gets the first D done he decides he had enough and had me finish.  I did Mom just because I figured it matched Dad.  Brady was the only one that turned out cute.  I got better as I went along.  I am sure if I had 10 pumpkins to carve I would have been a master at the 9th one.  Next year we are going to get better tools and maybe templates.

 

"Mom, what on earth is this huge bucket for?  Is it all mine?"

 

He found out it wasn't for him and took off with it.  Look at the look on his face.  He isn't happy.

 

"Well then fine, I will just dump it all out and lick it so I will have to keep it."

 

"Can I have just this one?"

 

I thought this picture was funny because the dogs looked funny at the door.

 

Check out his hair with no wind.

 

And now his hair with gusty winds.... can you see his little tiny hairs sticking up?  How funny!

 

My happy monkey.

 

 

Cheese face.

 

Miles came trick or treating at our house.  Miles knew how to work the system, he would go right up and take his piece and run off.  Brady clung to my leg and was a nervous nelly.  He did however like putting his pieces in his bag.  I think he was really just happy to be riding in is blue car again.  We haven't been out in a while because it's so dark at night.  This is after we got back. 

"Open up Miles, I know you took my candy and I want to check your mouth.  I worked hard for that candy!"

 

Happy half naked boys playing in the clubhouse.  Those 2 were so hyped up we were cracking up at them all night.

 

No comments: