Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Another scorcher

Again today it was 28 million degrees and I just couldn't bring myself to go outside to play.  So I tried entertaining him indoors.  It lasted about 45 minutes after his nap this afternoon before he was getting his shoes and saying "outside please mommy, thank you."  His manners are great, but he thinks because he says please and thank you in the same sentences, it guarantees him whatever it is that he is asking for. Here's what we did for that 45 minutes:



Trying out the paint on his leg. 

Can you tell he got a haircut?  I think he looks so much older.

After that got old he moved onto decorating his new "ramp".  I bought blackout material to sew to the back of his curtains.  I finally got to that this morning so he had the tube to play with.  We stuck stickers to it and colored with markers.  It actually works really well as a ramp.


And what day would be complete without a meltdown, this time over cookies.

So tonight I am upstairs folding laundry and mopping the bathroom floors.  I hear giggling so I look out the window and see this:

Yep, that measly little baby pool I complained about yesterday had 3 kids in it and they were having fun.  Jim didn't quite understand that regular diapers can't go in the pool, so by the time I looked his diaper weighed about 100lbs. and was seconds away from exploding.  They had a great time sitting in that thing.


Brady obviously had fun because he spent 45 minutes before falling asleep replaying his days.  Most of the conversation was about "swimming pool Macy Kendal" and I heard talk of green trucks, Maddux building a truck, popping bubbles, "its me Brady".  I didn't even need to turn on the tv, I used that as my entertainment.  Finally I heard "night night" and that was it, he was asleep.  What a funny little kid.  I always think its not possible to love him more, and then he does something cute like say "hi mommy" and hugs me.

No comments: