Monday, May 31, 2010

Gardening

Last year I was so excited to have a veggie garden.  I planted the seeds indoors in the early spring, built these boxes myself, helped haul the dirt, and all I got was one measly watermelon plant.  This year I am determined to be successful.  I bought full plants and better soil.  Here is my planted garden after a week.  That's about 4 days longer than my garden lasted last summer.

newsandbox-10-05-31-2050.jpg

This is the farther box from the house.  There are zucchini and strawberries around the edges.  There is a spaghetti squash in the middle.  One strawberry plant didn't make it, but it never looked good going in the ground.
newsandbox-10-05-31-2054.jpg

Here is the closest box to the house.  In the middle is that watermelon plant from last year that yielded the cutest little watermelon ever.  Around the edges are 4 types of peppers and cucumbers.  I already have pepper buds on one plant.  Woohoo!
newsandbox-10-05-31-2056.jpg

Middle box has a pumpkin in the middle and all types of tomatoes around the edges.


newsandbox-10-05-31-2055.jpg

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

No comments: