OK, I have my game face on. I know the plan. We are stocked up on potty chairs of various shapes and sizes, we have 21 pairs of undies (the book said 30 and I thought they were crazy, they were not, I need more), flushable toddler wipes, and chuck-it (chocolate). We planned to start on Saturday of the 3 day weekend. The book says you are to stay home for 3 straight days and so I felt bad that we would be stuck indoors for the whole weekend so I decided to start today, Thursday. I was all pumped up to start. First thing in the morning I show him the potties, the undies, tell him what a big boy he is, yada yada yada, and the day starts. He goes 50 minutes without wetting his undies even a drop. I am cocky at this point and think this is going to be easy. Fast forward 4 more hours and there have been tears (mine), more pee on the floor then since Zoe was a puppy, and a bag of 18 pairs of piss soaked undies. Thank god for nap time.
The book gave you a few pieces of advice. Get your house completely ready, catch up on laundry and cleaning, brush your teeth before getting them out of bed that first morning, and have everything set up. Mostly because once you start there won't be 3 seconds where you can do anything but stare at your kids nether regions waiting for the piss to flow. I should have ignored the cleaning part because I mopped and cleaned bathrooms yesterday and now there is piss everywhere and the whole first floor needs to be steamed cleaned.
I don't have the best memory, but one childhood memory I do have is of the first day my brother wore big boy undies. Just last week I was laughing with my mom and brother about this day. Haha, he needed a million pairs of undies, haha, mom you were so frustrated, haha, it took forever. Little did I know this would be me a week later. Holy crap, this is hard. There should be a potty training camp you can send your kid to, I would pay a shit ton of money !
I got a reprieve when naptime came and he slept for almost 3 hours (insert my sheer joy here). He woke up dry, how the hell is that possible?? I sit him down and he pees. Not even 2 minutes later..... he pees on the floor. Is this how the afternoon is going to go? I seriously hope not. I got a 45 minutes stretch and an hour stretch with no accidents. Then came the accidents. 18 in total for the pm. This included him peeing in the potty 7 times. This kid seriously got his father's bladder.
And to think I get to start this all over again. If by the end of 3 days he isn't peeing consistently in the pisser, I am going to kill the woman who wrote this craptastic book.
SO in total:
AM- 18 accidents in undies including one dump and 6 pees in the potty
PM- 18 accidents in undies and 7 pees in the potty
What will tomorrow bring??? And yes, I must be crazy to try this again.
And of course some pictures.....
First pair of undies for the day. How cute is that tushy?
This is about half way through the morning.
Up from his nap and ready to go.
Loving on Zoe, but not sharing his cookies.
Practicing his letters. I did everything I could to keep him in the kitchen this afternoon, and it worked. He stayed dry the whole time we made this craft.
We used our scrapbook punch to cut out the stars and then he got to glue them all on.







No comments:
Post a Comment