Monday, July 26, 2010

Painting with trucks

Today we tried something we did a few weeks ago at the Please Touch Museum that I have been wanting to try.  It was super freaking messy, but all washable and really fun.  At first he didn't want his trucks getting dirty but once they touched the paint it was on.






When this happened it was all downhill.

The spaz face shows just how awesome he thought this was.


Maybe he was thinking of how he could get more paint on himself.  Luckily he put his shirt back on.


Showing me "hands all dirty."

Getting ready to give his trucks a tubby. 

He had so much fun dropping them in there.

And of course a quick go with the water squirter.

Polishing off some cold veggie burger, gross!

The finished product!

Things I learned during this process:

1.  A $4 roll of Ikea paper is my best friend.  Seriously, pick some up, its great.
2.  I need new cookie sheets, I am pretty ashamed at the look of mine.
3.  My kid needs to man up and learn to embrace getting dirty.  There wasn't any gagging which was good but plenty of wiping off of the hands and feet.
4.  Any mess can be cleaned on the kitchen floor but don't turn your back for one second.  Brady may have walked onto the carpet.  Game over!!


And a few random funny stories:
Brady has taken to whenever a stranger talks to him he tells them he saw Mickey Mouse and the castle and Jacob and an airplane blablablablabla.  He goes on and on reciting his trip to Disney.  A guy in Michael's tonight thought it was impressive the he had such a good memory.  While this is true, I am the one who has to listen to this story 52 times a day.

The other night while he was playing with the Littlest Pet Shop kitty he had in the tub I asked him what it's name was and he said it's name was Elbow.  Yep, I made him say it again and sure enough he said elbow.  Lucky for us he isn't naming this baby.

I was finally able to drive with the windows open in the car since it was cooler today.  About 10 seconds into the trip he says " Brady chilly cold"  He made me put up the window and turn on the air conditioning.  Seriously, where does he come up with this shit?

I think laughing at him the other day when he said he had a big head is really giving him a complex.  He is now saying "head too big" whenever he is trying to put on his hats, shirts, or jammies.

No comments: