Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pictures from the rest of our trip home

On Tuesday Mimi took off and we had all kinds of fun.  We went to my favorite breakfast place, yummy.  Then we headed to King of Prussia.  We may have spent nearly 1.5 hours in Pottery Barn Kids getting every bargain possible and buying baby girl bedding.  Brady was pretty tolerant of this but after a long day of shopping he needed a little pick me up and Mimi got him a ring pop.  Ahhhh the fun of not hanging out with Daddy.  This is him in the process of passing out on the way home.  He would not give up the ring pop and fell asleep with it in his hand.


And....... he's out.

Terrible picture.... funny story.  I was looking around a luggage store while Brady and Mimi sat patiently waiting.  I guess Mimi got one of those trying-on-shoes-stockings and put it on his head like he was a robber.  Then after he complained about it being stuck and hurting she put it on his foot.  Well it was time to leave the store so we just put the croc on over top of the stocking thing.  He rode through the rest of the mall holding out his foot like it was something special.  We nearly peed ourselves having fun with this stocking thing.  Brady is such a good sport to let us all act like idiots on occasion.  Can you see him still wearing his stocking?  He wore it all through the car ride and his nap back at the house.

On Wednesday we were lucky enough to get a chance to go back to the Please Touch Museum.  This time we met up with Aunt Sarah, Ava, and Charlie.  I am not sure why I didn't take any pictures since I took 9 million the last time we went.  Another good time was had by all.  It was not so fun sitting in traffic on the way home.  A 40 minute trip took almost 2 hours, and that was driving a 6 speed race car with a full bladder.  Not fun times and boy did I miss NH and the fact that there is never any traffic.

On Thursday Brady went to Nanny's house while I got my haircut.  He played with some of the same toys I played with and enjoyed his first pizza Lunchable in the same 50 year old highchair I sat in.  He was a very good boy I am told.  When I got back he came to greet me like usual but went back to playing.  A few minutes later he came back up to me and said "I missed you" and gave me a big hug.  Man, I love that kid.

On Friday we tagged along to lunch with Mimi and Mrs. Funston to Suburban Square.  Mrs. Funston knows everyone, and I mean everyone.  So here we are enjoying a nice sandwich and salad lunch and in walks Chal the Septa bus driver.  Yep, Mrs. Funston knows him and she asked if Brady could go out and drive the bus. He happily obliged which was very lucky since big ears heard this whole thing and was chanting "drive bus" over and over again.  Mimi took Brady out there for a quick tour and he loved it.  Chal raised the seat so he could reach the steering wheel and showed Brady how to open and close the door.  For those of you not from Philly, Septa is the public transportation in and around the city.  He was on duty and just came into the restaurant to tinkle so it was super nice of him to let Brady take a few minutes to pretend he was driving.  I am sure there were some angry old ladies waiting for their bus to come somewhere on the main line.

And...... MRS. FUNSTON ROCKS!!!!

That's Brady's bus driving away after their ride. 






Here is a sign from the bathroom that I couldn't help but take a picture of.  I got quite the chuckle from this one:

After a long lunch we wrapped up our time with Mimi and Pap and headed up to Mema and Pepa's house.  We were there about 4 minutes and we were ready for a swim.  Brady is really getting very comfortable swimming with his floatie thing on.  He is now able to kick his feet and actually move in the pool, not very fast must I add.


Yes, they are in the 1 person tube together.  He squeezed his skinny butt in there.

After we were done in the pool he went out in the yard with Jacob.  Apparently he ripped off his diaper which began Nudie Hour.  It consisted of jumping on the trampoline with Dad.

Swimming again to get cleaned off.

And then finally nudie watermelon eating. 

Tina was showing me some of her girlie buys for the female fetus and at the same time we looked at each other and said "lets put the tutu on Brady" and we sent him downstairs to see Jim's reaction.  As we stood hiding around the corner nearly peeing our pants laughing Brady twinkle toed his way in the living room with Jim and he yells out "that's disgusting" and made us take it right off.  Not before we gave Brady the cookie we had to bribe him with first.  He makes a pretty cute girl, don't you think?

Then this morning we were right back out in the pool.

He squeezed in with Jacob this time.

He enjoyed being throw up in the air.

We then packed up and headed back to NH.  Today was the first trip that I was sad to leave PA.  Usually I am excited to get back to our house and my stuff but not today.  Life would be much easier if we just lived back at home.  After a record breaking trip we made it back to NH in 5.5 hours.  We didn't even stop to pee and the trip still felt like an eternity.

Thanks for everyone who made our week super awesome and fun!!

No comments: