Thursday, May 6, 2010

Scariest experience of my life

Last night we were playing outside with some neighbors.  The kids were roaming around while the adults talked in the street.  The kids ended up in one neighbor's yard.  He happens to have one of those homemade pond things.  I looked up as Brady falls in the pond.  I saw my life flash before my eyes but was frozen.  All I could do was yell out "he just fell in" and Jim and our neighbor Brad starting running.  Jim says the pond was way deeper than he expected and that Brady was able to get his face out of the water for air.  Brady was ok, thank god, he was just soaked and scared shitless.  I was in absolute shock and couldn't sleep last night playing the "what if" game.  I know it wasn't the last "scariest experience of my life" but I could do without any more for a while.  We came home, got washed up, and snuggled on the couch to watch Dora before bed.  God, I love this kid.

Life is so fucking short, and boy did this experience remind me of this. 

1 comment:

Jenny Slatt said...

Ok that's seriously the scariest thing ever!! Thank goodness for Jim's training for all these runs. I'm sure that helped him get there faster, and also it's good Brady got your swimming genes. I think that's enough excitement for awhile though little man. You'll give your Mommy a heart attack!!