Saturday, June 12, 2010

10K

Jim ran in his first 10K race today in Portsmouth.  The weather wasn't so great but that didn't stop us.  Brady and I were right on the start line but weren't able to see Jim run by, 1700 people whizzing by all looking alike hurts your eyes.  We entertained ourselves by looking at the various street vendors.  Then I had to practically run us to the finish to see Jim finish.  Again, another clusterfuck and although we were right there when he crossed we somehow missed him.  Oh well.  I know he finished and he didn't die, so what else matters.  His goal was to finish in under 1 hour and he did that, 58:30.  Not too shabby.  Next race is a marathon in November, better get to training Jimbo!!  At that point it started sprinkling more than I would like so we finished up browsing the various vendors, had some french fries and sausage sandwiches, and walked back to our friend's house to get our car.  We had grand plans for today and unfortunately nothing worked out well. 

Popping the bubbles at the gymboree tent.  We stayed here a while, he loved it and the girls were so friendly.



We forgot to take the boy's picture directly after the race so here they are in the dining room.

After the boys woke up from their naps we took Daddy to the gym with us to go swimming.  Brady squealed like a school girl and drank probably 14 gallons of pool water but he still smiled and rocked a mohawk like a rockstar.  The pictures I took of the boys were foggy because we just got there and I didn't give the camera time to warm up from the hot pool area, oops.  Look how much he hated it, haha!



Try not to be jealous of my killer tank top tan.  And yes mother, I do wear 70spf sunscreen.




Tonight I wanted an ice cream sandwich after dinner and wasn't about to share it so I gave Brady his own.  All he had to hear was "ice cream" and he was sold.  He has started taking a multivitamin and a flouride pill and I just tell him its candy and he gobbles it right up.  I love this age, so gullible!!  I am going to be really sad when he doesn't believe that the ice cream truck is in fact the mailman.  Only took him one bite to realize it was delicious.  His "O" face.


We asked him if it was good and if so give us a thumbs up.  This is what he did.  I guess we need to work on thumb/finger.


"Dad, she finished hers.  Does that mean I have to share mine?  OK, I will just shove the rest in my mouth quick then."

No comments: