Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Muffin Man

I have heard stories about toddlers liking to help in the kitchen.  I thought they were all lies.  The only "help" Brady gives in the kitchen is picking out the dinner veggie or trashing the place.  As I mentioned in a previous post blueberries were on super sale and I stocked up and decided I would make my favorite recipe of my Mom's, her blueberry muffins.  I got everything all set up and imagine he would take one look and go back to racing his cars around, but surprisingly he stuck around the whole time.  He was such a good helper and loved holding the spoons.  It was funny to hear his commentary the whole time "Brady help, hold spoons, good job Brady" over and over again.  He also was obsessed with checking on the egg in the bowl.  He would pour something in there and then ask about the egg.  I actually had fun doing this and plan on doing it again really soon.  Mostly because they muffins were gross, I am pretty sure I missed an ingredient and my baking powder was kinda old.  Ok, it was really old and I had to scrape it out of the container with a knife, but don't judge.


muffinspool-10-06-23-2720.jpg

muffinspool-10-06-23-2721.jpg

muffinspool-10-06-23-2724.jpg

Watching the egg.
muffinspool-10-06-23-2725.jpg

Watching it mix up was fun until he realized the egg was gone and then he was pretty pissed off.
muffinspool-10-06-23-2730.jpg

Making the sweet topping.
muffinspool-10-06-23-2738.jpg

"I'm not going to smile Mom, so stop asking me too.  I am taking my job very serious here."
muffinspool-10-06-23-2740.jpg

The finished product, didn't look too bad but tasted like shit.  So we will try again after I get back to the grocery store for more baking powder.

muffinspool-10-06-23-2790.jpg

I can't wait to do some more baking with him.  Although I won't like when he figures out how fun it is to lick the spoons I have to share them.  But until then.....

No comments: