Friday, June 4, 2010

Lake

We tried out a lake today for the first time that's right up the road.  It wasn't open for the season yet so it was FREE.  Everyone knows I love free.  We met up with some friends and had a great time.  I even sacrificed a nap for this and it was totally worth it.  It took him a little while to get up the courage to go out, but once he did he was a little too brave for my liking.  And there were fish all around him so I really didn't want to have to run out there and pull him out of the water.



Luckily he doesn't mind getting hit in the head with a shovel.

We couldn't believe how close these ducks were getting.  They hung out all around people the whole time, crazy!


Snack time.


Practicing his swimming with the girls.


He was so comfortable in the water which I know is a good thing, but I really would have liked him to keep his mouth out of the water.  Gross!!

Once we were done we all headed back to the cars to get the kids dried and dressed.  At some point in this process Brady grabbed a rock.  About 3 minutes into the car ride home I hear a crunching sound.  I started wondering what it was since I know I didn't give him any food, just a sippy.  I turn around to see him eating a rock.  WTF!!!!  I quick pull over and get back there, but by that time there was only a tiny little piece left.  Oops, guess I need to start checking his hands before all car trips.  Jim is in for a surprise tomorrow when he has to change poo pants.

Also, today was the 2nd day that when Jim came home and asked him what he did/where he went he was actually able to tell him.  He told him all about the beach, it was so cute to listen to.  This kid loves the beach and I am glad I don't have to drive 1.5 hours to get there. 

1 comment:

Holly said...

The pictures of him with the baby cows are just too precious.