So Thursday morning I am upstairs getting showered and ready to leave for gymnastics and Brady is down in the living room playing and watching Dora. Yes, I leave him downstairs alone and he is fine, so no need to judge. Anyway, I am up there and I hear him getting frustrated. Something about a red truck that's stuck. I didn't say anything, I just listened to hear what he would do without someone sitting there to help him. So then he says step-stool and I hear him scamper into the bathroom and get the step stool. At this point I am dying to see what exactly is going on so I sneak down and peak around the corner to see him put the step stool at the end of the tv table, climb up, and retrieve the red truck that got out of his reach. His face was priceless, he was so proud of himself and I was so proud of him and his problem solving skills. If one of us were there he would have just expected us to fix his problem. I snuck back upstairs and a few seconds later I even hear him going back into the bathroom to put his step-stool back. I just love that kid, so neat and anal about certain things. So then this morning we are hanging out together and he starts talking again about the step-stool and heads into the bathroom to get it. I got to watch him set it up and retrieve a car that got too far out of his grasp. What a funny little kid. And so resourceful, maybe he will be a boy scout after all, Jim says no.
He did it again last night and I got it on camera. Carrying it from the bathroom.
Lining up his cars. This kid spends hours each day lining up cars, driving them all around the first floor, and making car noises.
Watching his shows this morning from his new vantage point. Not sure I am loving this part of the step-stool obsession.
No comments:
Post a Comment