Thursday, June 3, 2010

Airplanes

We got to go on a super cool outing today to the Nashua Airport to go on the tarmac and sit in a plane.  I went to take pictures of a friend's son for their father's day gift.  Brady didn't care what the reason was, he LOVED it.  He actually took a super crappy nap today and I think its because he was so amped up from the outing.  He woke up immediately talking about the planes and driving them and stopping them.  And its the first thing he told his father about when he got home from work tonight.  This place was like a toddler boy mecca, there were planes big and small, helicopters, motorcycles, fuel trucks, and even a mail truck.

airplanevisit-10-06-03-2121.jpg

airplanevisit-10-06-03-2126.jpg

airplanevisit-10-06-03-2132.jpg

airplanevisit-10-06-03-2136.jpg

airplanevisit-10-06-03-2144.jpg

There was a lot of monkey see monkey do and another monkey try it too.
airplanevisit-10-06-03-2150.jpg

airplanevisit-10-06-03-2154.jpg

Little sneak snagged my DD iced tea.
airplanevisit-10-06-03-2157.jpg

And thought it was delish.
airplanevisit-10-06-03-2158.jpg

So good he had to close his eyes and sip as fast as he could before I took it back.
airplanevisit-10-06-03-2162.jpg

Not sure what their intentions were with this pole, but boy did they work hard. 
airplanevisit-10-06-03-2170.jpg

Lots of team work.
airplanevisit-10-06-03-2173.jpg

And then whatever the hell this was.  Weirdo.
airplanevisit-10-06-03-2177.jpg

So do what men do, kick it.  That usually solves all problems, right?
airplanevisit-10-06-03-2178.jpg

airplanevisit-10-06-03-2181.jpg

airplanevisit-10-06-03-2187.jpg

We had a quick storm blow through this afternoon.  While we were at Home Depot he wanted to jump in the puddles but it isn't really safe to be hanging out in the middle of the parking lot in the middle of a lightening storm so I told him we could jump when we got home and the storm was over.  We went out with our rain boots on and in the time it took me to grab my camera he already took his boots off and replaced them with his crocs.  I think they were interfering with his bike riding skillz.
airplanevisit-10-06-03-2188.jpg

"Here Mom, I am all done pretending I like to get dirty."
airplanevisit-10-06-03-2189.jpg

Today while we were leaving the airport play date my camera bag fell out of the back of my car.  I figured, no big deal its in a protective case.  Ummmmmm, yeah not so much.  God bless this ridiculously cheap filter, it took the brunt of the fall and shattered.  My lens is fine, my heart is not.  I almost had a heart attack when I pulled it from the bag and saw the cap was jammed into this filter.  I was seriously having a panic attack while trying to take it off.  It took a screwdriver and a bunch of cursing to free the cap.
airplanevisit-10-06-03-2194.jpg

Better this $5 filter than my $450 lens.  Jim would have most likely murdered me and buried me in the yard if this had a different outcome. EDIT:  Jim just informed me he wouldn't have murdered me, but I would have ended up bloody.
airplanevisit-10-06-03-2196.jpg

1 comment:

Ashley Sisk said...

The lens/filter situation happened to me last week. My heart dropped as I struggled to get my lens cap off to check out the damage. I nearly thought I'd cry. It came off, the filter was shattered my my expensive lens remained untouched (well a little dust from the shatter that I quickly shook off). How scary!