Monday, June 14, 2010

A conversation with a toddler

I love that he is talking more, seriously I do, but some days I wish he would go back to the cute little mute boy with no opinion.  But since that won't happen I try to just laugh at everything he says.  Lucky for me there is plenty to laugh at. 

This morning we are driving to the OB and we are able to pass my favorite ice cream place.  I said nothing to prompt him but he says "Go there Mommy, Brady hungry."  As you saw in the farts are funny video he says hungry is the most hysterical way so now I am peeing my pants and I have tears in my eyes making it hard to drive.  And I know full well he isn't actually hungry because right before we left he ate 2 pan-pakes (pancakes) as big as his head.  And seriously, how does he even know where we are when we are driving?  This kid doesn't miss a beat.

Tonight I am laying next to him watching Diego before bed and he climbs on my giant body and says "Brady huggie" and proceeds to smother me in hugs and kisses.  I didn't even have to ask.

When we drive he notices everything, including all vehicles within 100 yards.  So he announces every truck, motorcycles, fire truck, basically anything besides regular cars.  He tells me the color of the vehicle, then grunts and makes manly noises, saying "awesome".  When did he grow up?

When you are driving and come to a stop light he feels the need to scream "STOP, Mommy or Daddy!!!"  Thanks pal.

He now calls his bumps and bruises boo-boos and likes you to kiss them.  I love this even when the bumps and bruises are covered in dirt and filth.

Every morning I make his milk drink and make myself a bowl of cereal.  When he comes in to get his drink and vitamin he announces "Mommy hungry!"  I am in fact starving in the morning these days, but I wonder if he thinks it yelling worthy since my bowl of cereal is huge and flowing over the top of the bowl.

This afternoon we got home from the grocery store and decided to play outside.  But we only were able to go on a quick wagon ride before it started to pour.  That didn't stop him, he went out riding his powerwheels around the yard in the rain.  When he was done he headed for the garage but couldn't get it to drive over the lip of the garage and that's where the rain pours off the roof.  So he is sitting there getting blasted in the face with rain and screaming "I stuck, Brady stuck!!"

He refers himself in the 3rd person quite often.  He will say "Maddux kiss Brady face" or "Brady fall down."

I can't believe that I am having actual conversations with him these days.  It seems like just yesterday he was this kid:


No comments: