Miles was over today to play while Cara took their dog to the vet. At this point 2 toddlers is actually fun to have around the house. They can understand me and my directions and they entertain each other. Sometimes the "entertaining" resembles a fist fight, but for the most part it makes my day easier.
First up on operation Entertain Two Crazy Boys.....a ride in the new wagon. It started out nice, but they went right into the bickering of an old married couple. There was a ton of mine, no, and name calling. Miles wanted Brady to hold his cup and Brady wanted Miles to use the cup holder. They are a funny pair, that's for sure!!
So a quick story about the new wagon. We needed to buy a different wagon because Evil Kenevil was using the wood wagon in very dangerous ways and you can only hear skull smash into pavement so many times. So I have been waiting for this wagon to go on sale at Target and it did this week, score!! So I haul this giant box through Target, through the check out, and into the car. Well Jim decides to do a nice thing and put it together for me. Now I will be the first to admit, I am a Tommy Takeover and like to just do things myself. Mostly because this guarantees it will get done right the first time. So he is doing this very nice thing without me nagging or even asking. I go out to just see how things are going and he immediately says "everything is fine, I am reading the directions." He seemed confident so I let him be. He is finished and I immediately notice there are like 49 extra pieces in the bag. That can't be right. Then I notice the front wheels are inside out and face the wrong direction. Jim's rationalizes saying the wheels are ok when you are pushing the wagon, but who the hell pushes a wagon?? Isn't a wagon for pulling. So I nicely ask "what fucking directions did you read idiot because this wagon looks like a one armed toddler put it together?" He admitted defeat and I still gave him the credit for at least doing something without being asked. So today during nap time I took it apart and did it right. In the process I broke a few pieces taking them off. I called Step 2 to ask about replacement parts and explained how my husband put it together bla bla bla, and she immediately knew what pieces I needed. I mentioned we were also missing a small washer and she asked how that was possible, did he eat it? She said the pieces will be here in a few days for free so I will not give him too much of a hard time for too much longer. Or at least I will try. So the moral of the story is, he will not be allowed to put anything together without my direct supervision. So maybe that wasn't a short story, but we have had a good time laugh about it for the last day so I figured I would share the "Jim is a dope" story so you could all chuckle with me.
Cheers!
Then these two decided they would share the tricycle. Not exactly a bicycle made for two, but that didn't stop them.
Neither one of them seemed to care, Brady even tried to get his feet on the peddles.
Brady put on his own shoes. That couldn't possible be comfortable.
After lunch they rested on the couch watching Dora. Of course on a couch that would seat 8 adults they practically sat on each other's lap. You can't see from this angle but Miles was rubbing Brady's hair in the back. I think he does this when he is tired.
Can you see where Miles's hand is? He had his arm around Brady. It was freaking adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment