Monday, August 23, 2010

Christmas in August

We had talked about getting Brady something cool if he did well in the big boy bed.  Sometimes Jim and I disagree and in this instance we really disagreed.  I wanted to get him the new Little People garage (since the last version has been his all-time favorite toy), a new Pixar type movie (since he is currently loving Cars, Toy Story, and Nemo), and maybe a Leap Frog fridge alphabet toy (since we are learning our ABCs).  When we told Brady he could get any toy he wanted he said he wanted a new hotwheels car.  What kid picks a 98 cents toy when he can have anything??  Well this is what Jim wanted, and then in turn what he got him:


Jim was happy Brady woke up right before he was leaving for work so they could try out the table together this morning.

We never claimed to have our shit straight nor did we claim to make good choices all the time.  But boy was it fun, for Brady of course.  This is Jim playing, I mean installing, the train table last night after Brady went to bed.  He was like a kid on Christmas morning.



So, I guess I should add that he has done AWESOME in the new big boy bed.  I told you about the first night and then for the first nap he cried for 10 seconds, grabbed a book, read it, recovered himself with the blanket, and went to sleep.  And then last night, the second night, he didn't even cry and was asleep in no time.  He slept great the whole night like normal.  I am so proud of him, I can't believe what a great sleeper he is.  He is just like me, that's for sure!  Hopefully we continue on this amazing path, otherwise we just bought him a gigantically silly present for nothing.

No comments: