Monday, August 2, 2010

Ladybugs

Yesterday when we were at the beach we spent a ton of time collecting rocks.  I brought a bunch home for another project I am working on.  I saw in Parents magazine a cute activity with painted rocks and decided to use my leftover rocks this morning to make ladybugs.  The power had gone out for a bit so I was glad to have this idea/materials on hand.  We painted them this morning.




Then tonight once they were dry we glued googly eyes on them.  Brady doesn't put things in his mouth at all, yet for some reason tried eating a googly eye.  Weirdo.  I just put the dabs of glue on and he was able to stick the eyes on, I was quite impressed.  I tried letting him help with the spots, but toddler + sharpie =/= a good time.  I drew the spots and then we named them Mommy, Daddy, and Brady.  Very original, I know.

He was so serious and focused.
 

Finished product, aren't they adorable??

No comments: