Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vacation 2010 Day 4-My BIRTHDAY!!!!

Wednesday was the most important day of the vacation, the exact reason we choose this week of all weeks to vacation during....... MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am like a 6 year old girl when it comes to my birthday.  I firmly believe we should be celebrating all month long and that on the day of there should be a circus and parades in my honor.  But my husband doesn't quite understand that, so a day to just sit on the beach and read is what I get.  I won't complain about that at all, it was delightful!!  We were at the beach early, 9AM.  I am pretty sure in pre-Brady times we wouldn't even be awake by 9AM, nonetheless at the beach by then but we were.  We got hoagies from the deli that I LOVED last year and I wasn't disappointed in the least.  We took a walk during low tide that just seemed to get farther and farther away from our chairs.  Jim was lucky I didn't make him carry me back, I was pooped. We were the 1st family to set up camp so the boys went right out to look for treasures.  Boy did they hit the jackpot..... 2 crabs, a hermit crab, and a huge horseshoe crab.  What a way to start your day on the beach.  Jim was so proud of himself.  We hung out until 2:30 when we headed home for naps, which is plenty of time for Brady and snacking obsession.  That kid thinks he needs to be snacking the entire time we are on the beach.  He asks for snacks as soon as you get there and doesn't stop asking until we leave.  He is like a bottomless pit.



They caught 2 crabs.

Bye crabs!

He calls every bird a sea gull and he was yelling "I'm coming sea gull" and chasing it around the beach.  


We decided to walk really far across the beach to see what the big black things were that I was wondering about.  It took forever and some people whined about having to walk so far.


We finally made it out there and they were just big cages to catch clams or mussels. 




Following a little girl like a creep

Castle crushers


Tonight we headed to a small harbor beach near our house.  I wanted to check out a jetty, but some idiot was out there taking pictures of 9 million pieces of fabric.  We settled for a few pictures on the beach before deciding that was enough of the bugs.

All I wanted was a simple picture of us both looking towards the camera, but I got even better pics than that. 
10-08-18-vaca234-2-22.jpg


I got hugs....
10-08-18-vaca234-2-23.jpg


And kisses...
10-08-18-vaca234-2-26.jpg


I got stimulating conversation.....
10-08-18-vaca234-2-28.jpg


And I got whatever the hell this was.....
10-08-18-vaca234-2-30.jpg


Haha, I love a good blooper pic.
10-08-18-vaca234-2-34.jpg


10-08-18-vaca234-2-35.jpg


Look ma, no hands!
10-08-18-vaca234-2-39.jpg

He is a resourceful kid, he used the creature guide to hold his Go, Dog, Go so he could read a bit.

10-08-18-vaca234-2-42.jpg


We tried the daytime beach we go to, just to see what the night scene was there since we have never been there at night.  It was high tide, and man its such a different place when its high.  We spotted the biggest sandcastle I have ever seen when we pulled in, so we decided to get out to see.

He enjoyed looking at the sand castles but then some bigger kids came along to climb all over it and my little rule follower took it upon himself to let them know they weren't allowed to do that.  This is him yelling at that girl.
10-08-18-vaca234-2-62.jpg


If you can't beat em, join em.
10-08-18-vaca234-2-64.jpg


10-08-18-vaca234-2-54.jpg


We left the beach and took the long way to the grocery store to get a Happy Day cake for me, but Brady insisted over and over again it wasn't my happy day, it was his.  On our way through town we spotted some kind of street festival involving old custom cars, police vehicles, and music.  Score 1 for us, what a great find and it was free.  Brady got to sit on and ride lots of cool stuff.  We seriously lucked out finding this, I still don't have any idea what the hell it was for, but who cares, he was pumped and said his favorite part was driving the police car.








We picked up a Carvel ice cream cake and headed home.  I don't consider it a birthday without an ice cream cake, and it can only be Carvel.  We sang to me, but then some small person I know insisted we sing to him and then of course we couldn't leave Daddy out and sang to him.  I am lucky we didn't sing to everyone we know, like we often do while driving.


No comments: