Thursday, August 12, 2010

The physical proof

Well my mere mention of my marble competing days caused quite the interest in my loserdom.  I went digging to find some physical proof that I did indeed compete/play marbles.  I was that cool.  I am totally ok with admitting this little known fact.  So ok with it, that I am happy to provide this entertainment in the form of pictures.

So lets look close:

I have a sweet ass hat that goes well with my acid washed jean shorts.  My mom wants it noted that they were Espirit shorts.  I am wearing knee pads which was a very important part of the mibsters uniform.  My husband did some google searching to see what info he could come up with to use in the fight to make me feel stupid.  And in this searching he learned that we were referred to as Mibsters.  Not sure exactly why we were called that, but Jim finds it hysterical.  Jim even tried contacting someone to get more pictures/ info but the link didn't work.  He totally thought this would embarrass me by posting it on facebook, but not so much.  I am wondering if google is going to contact me to find out why for the first time in who knows how long there has been a ton of googling to find out info on this little known sport, marbles.  I spent about an hour this morning reading articles and reminiscing on the good old days traveling around and competing.  All the "cool" places we went and things we did.  I even found a bag of my marbles.  I also found out that sadly Mr. Ridpath, my coach passed away in 2005.  He was such a nice man, I teared up reading his obituary.  Anyway, back to making fun of me....


And here is me standing out front of our hotel.  This picture informed us that I was indeed the 3rd place finisher in 1992.  Again, anyone needing an autograph is free to contact me.  I will send off glossy 8X10s right away.   Maybe I will even use one of these pictures.



I am Lauren and I am proud to be a former Mibster!!!!!  Eat that Jimbo.

No comments: