This week we worked on the letter Y. Y is for yellow, yogurt, yarn, and yuck.
On Monday we introduced it and made our Y out of a bunch of yellow objects (jewels, yarn, feathers, foam stickers). I am pretty sure he loves feathers even more than he loves googly eyes now.
That night we made yogurt popsicles. I have been wanting to making popsicles with him and thought this was the perfect time to do it. Funny story, we went out this weekend and popsicle molds were on my list. So I am in Michael's and Brady and Jim go on without me to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. When I am finished in Michael's I head over and ask the first associate I see if they carry popsicle molds. She says "yes, but someone just took the last one." I will just let you imagine what words I was thinking in my head since I didn't feel like trying 948 stores to find them. I mention it was for my 2 year old and she says "oh then I think it was actually your husband and son that took the last one." Good work Jimbo! He snagged the last one. And it was about $2.25 so I liked the price even better. Here is Emeril making his yogurt pops: (Warning, these made a fucking mess so don't let your toddler wear a white shirt.)
He had to at least taste some of the yogurt mixture since he has to be patient and wait until breakfast the next day.
The next morning I was all excited to taste them and he was too. Jim was home so he got in on the action.
Super excited!
Skeptical.
Fail. Yogurt popsicles were not his favorite snack. Not sure if it was too cold or too sweet or what, but he tried 2 of them and didn't like either. Oh well, Jim and I thoroughly enjoyed them.
Another day we worked with yarn and made yarn spiderwebs. I had a different idea for making yarn bowls but that would involve him touching yarn covered in Elmer's glue and I just knew that wouldn't be something that worked out, he is too much like his father and would never have touched it. So yarn spiderwebs it was and it worked out great. I used contact paper which great when you would need a lot of glue for an activity because he can just put his yarn on and its stuck without making a mess. I just added a top page of contact paper and it is all sealed in.
Finished product, including my ghetto attempt at a spider. Luckily Brady doesn't give a shit if my spider is goofy looking.
Lastly, today was all about YUCK! We made a creation that I have seen called lots of different things but we called it yucky stuff. If I were a betting woman I would have guessed this activity would have lasted 21.2 seconds and would have resulted in a perfectly clean toddler. Well ladies and gentlemen, Brady channeled his inner rebel and went to town on the yucky stuff. He made a HUGE mess, but that's fine with me. I set everything up in front of him to get him excited. I added the cornstarch to the pan and then added the green water very slowly. He helped me stir to get it started. I couldn't believe my eyes when he put his whole hand in there and then did it again. There was no gagging, dry heaving, or tears. It was GREAT!!!! The dogs also enjoyed this because got to lick it off the floor, can't imagine it tasted good but it left me with less to clean up. We will do this again and next time I will make twice as much, we will do it in a diaper, and outside.
I love a blooper shot...
"Mom, I am not sure if I like my hands being dirty."
"Do you see these hands Mom? They need to be washed now."
Looks messy but it was a good time.






















No comments:
Post a Comment