Its official, we have gone to the dark side. What is this dark side I am referring to? Its the world of Thomas the Tank Engine. Oh crap, I swore I would never go there, not even for a short visit. I hate him and all this little friends. Why such dislike for the friendly blue train...... my brother. He is Thomas and was surrounded by Thomas growing up, which means I was too. I think I just got burnt out with the pillows, trains, Thomas rug, train whistles, trips to see him, etc. Seriously, I swore I would never do it, I wouldn't even introduce him to Brady, but somehow he has weaseled his way into Brady's line of vision. Brady loves Thomas like I love Miller Lite, and we all know that's a lot. We went to visit Miles the other day and he has a bunch of Thomas trains. As soon as we pulled into their development Brady started talking about Miles' trains and wanting to play with them. Ugh!
So we are out today at Buy Buy Baby looking for popsicle molds and big boy bed rails and he sees the shiny blue packages. I had a coupon and we didn't end up finding anything else so I figured he could get a train. He of course is smart and picks a 3 pack, ok not so bad. Next stop is Toys R Us, the boys were getting a t-ball set. Well on the way to the sports section he sees those shiny blue packages again. I go to pull him away to go pick out a baseball set and the end of the world happens. I mean exorcist style tantrum, tears, kicking, screaming that can surely be heard in the next state over. Its not all rainbows and puppies in the Adventures of Bradysitting, trust me.
I hate that stupid little smirk he has....
So I am now stalking craigslist and Ebay for great deals on Thomas train and track sets. If anyone has any previously loved sets they are needing to find a good for home, we are the people to do so. Brady promised to love the shit of them. Seriously, let me know and I will drive, pay to ship them, send out a donkey to pick them up, anything to avoid paying the outrageous prices in the store.
And if the tantrum in Toys R Us wasn't bad enough we had another one at bedtime because we wouldn't let him bring his brand new trains INTO the tub. Of course not Brady, do you think we are new here? And he did what all smart little boys who love their mommies do, he walked up to me and pissed all over my leg. Good times I tell you!! Someday I will reread this blog entry and laugh, now not so much. He is lucky he is cute.



No comments:
Post a Comment