Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sand jars- 1 year in the making

We started collecting sand wherever we went last summer.  Since then they have been sitting on the work bench in the garage (which obviously gets tons of "work" usage) in plastic water bottles.  I finally got around to coming up with an idea and doing it.  I think they turned out great.  I am not exactly sure where they are going yet, but until then they are on a shelf on the way down to the basement, right next to the light fixture Jimbo plans on changing.  Yes ladies and gentlemen, my husband changed one light fixture and now thinks he is Bob Villa.  Anyway here are the jars....


I made those tags with cardstock, a Martha paper puncher, and a glue stick.  I did manage to score a tiny hole puncher on clearance for 49 cents, woohoo!!  On the back is the place and date.

And each jar has shells, rocks, etc. from the beach it came from.  So far Chatham has the best shells and Provincetown has the neatest sand, very grainy and cool colors.

We have Manasquan NJ, Rye NH, Orleans MA, Chatham MA, Provincetown MA, and Old Orchard Beach ME.

No comments: