Sunday, August 29, 2010

Memory

I had some lofty plans now for a bit of making Brady a memory game.  Luckily I came to my senses in Target the other night and just bought a Toy Story version, otherwise he might have turned 7 before I was done making it.  Sometimes I get stuff done immediately, and other times I spend so much time thinking and researching that I never end up doing it and this was one of those times. 

So I wasn't sure if he would
A. like it
2. be able to play it
D.  not drive me crazy "trying" to do it his way

But he did pretty well considering.  We only started with 12 cards total and he thought it was great.  He has been trying to play all weekend.  And it actually held his attention longer than 2 minutes, which is a big deal.




 


Showing Dad who's boss.

And a few more.... we made Toy Story magnets after I saw what a hit the Dora ones were.  I just used Toy Story print outs, laminating paper, and magnets.  Super fun and easy.



Then another day we were drawing on the window and he wanted to draw his own smiley faces.  Wow, those were some interesting faces.

I don't know if you can see them....

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Great idea on the magnets! Where did you get the toy story printouts? I'd like to make some!

Thanks,
Jenn

Lauren said...

I found the printouts here:

http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-printables/article-889060-disney-toy-story-printable-character-toys-t/?cmp=otc-dis_toystory_2Dplayest

There is a link to the characters. They currently live on the fridge and he plays with them whenever he passes them. I should have printed them on cardstock though, they are kinda flimsy and I even glued them on some thicker paper. I laminated them front and back. Have fun!!

Jenn said...

Thanks! I can't wait. We haven't tried magnets yet, but I'm thinking it will be a hit!