Thursday, August 5, 2010

Letter of the Week - Z

I have decided to start doing Letter of the Week activities.  It seems like a good time for us to start, since we have been trying to work on him learning the alphabet.  I decided to live life on the edge and start at Z and work to A, I am just a rebel like that.  We started on Monday and worked through today.  I already planned out next week, Y, and am really looking forward to it!!

I made a Z shape, he drew black stripes all over it to act as the bars on a cage at the zoo, and then he stuck foam animal stickers on the Z.  I cut it out and glued it to a piece of construction paper.


We made zucchini muffins with actual zucchinis from my garden, pretty awesome that my garden is actually making real vegetables.


Just a quick snack while we wait for out muffins to be done.

Enjoying our muffins.  I am surprised he ate them, he is usually pretty skittish when it comes to new foods.


And yes, the off the shoulder apron is all the rage amongst the toddler crowds these days.

We practiced using zippers.


We painted stripes on zebras.  I drew the zebra and he used q-tips to draw his stripes all over.  Once dry I cut it out and he of course needed to put googly eyes on there.  The qtips were a great paintbrush to use for one time use, I will be using these again for sure.



Finished products:

Just pretend those are zoo animals and not dinosaurs.  I was working with that I had and he doesn't know the difference. 

No comments: